Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hangin' Out the Ole Out of Bidness Sign


We done gone Fishin'

Well, just this blog, anyway. I developed quite a readership here for all the topic U-turns and absences. As of this week I'm averaging 100+ unique visitors with a bunch more page loads.

So why quit? Cause I can't blog about everything I want to blog about on just one blog. Also, some of the things I had worked on during my summer sabbatical did not come to pass...

I'm not really quitting -- Just trying something new.

My viewpoint content is moving to a new blog we are calling Pax Parabellum. Most of the old stuff is already there and new viewpoint/politics items will be posted there. [UPDATE] As soon as the net updates itself the blog's new addy will be http://www.paxparabellum.com.

My Sports (mostly Redskins) ramblings will go to Zorn Again! Redskins fans get the joke...

My Chess content will move to the rebirth of Steve's Correspondence Chess Adventure. All one of my friends from waaaay back when will remember the blog template. I've added another (my second) event win at ICCF after several failed attempts and I intend to blog about that over there. I STILL love the Caro Kann! Also, we added a new blogger at ChessUSA and I'll be participating in examining the shenanigans of our various "chess politicians" over there from time to time.

A great big THANKS goes out to all of you that have made this blog an enjoyable experience. It was my first effort and I learned a lot of things about blogging, but more importantly about life and people from all sorts of persuasions.

Isn't that what life is about -- learning?

Finally, go visit the blog that the oldest (in terms of tenure, he could be a 13 year old teenybopper for all I know rofl) reader here authors. IrishSpy has a lot of great content and a truly unique outlook on things.

Thanks again and do join me at Pax and the other blogs that hit yer fancy!

---

2 comments:

  1. Thirteen was a loooong time ago, dude. :)

    I didn't know you had a separate chess blog (shows how clueful I am). I've been playing in my first ICCF correspondence tourney: been getting my head handed to me, too. Oh, and I dropped USCF and switched to CCLA.

    And thanks for the blog endorsement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, if you ever want to do some occasional political posting, I can set you up with a username and password at Tennesseefree.com. You can post once a month there, once a week, once a day, whatever you want. Just let me know. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean and NO SPAM!