Friday, March 27, 2009

Easy Friday

We took two of the four legged members of the family to the vet today. Pepper (the 6 year old Border Collie - Lab mix) had a rash on her back and needed annual vaccinations as did Puss Tom (an 11 year old Lilac Siamese). The vet said that Pepper's rash is a simple bacterial infection most likely from a bug bite and will be simple to cure. Of concern is Puss Tom's weight which has dropped to 6 pounds from a high of just over 8 pounds about four years ago. The vet is concerned that he may have diabetes or a kidney problem.

And today is our 10th wedding anniversary! WooHoo... We celebrated a bit early with a meal at Red Lobster the other night. My step mother had sent us a gift certificate for Christmas for Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel.

Officially we had purchased each other Ruger 10/22 carbines for use at a future Appleseed event. The family that shoots together... Shoots together. Or something.

I finally upgraded from the Pocket PC that I've had for the past three years. I picked up a Blackberry Bold from the AT&T store and have spent the last several hours learning some of the ins and outs. My first impressions are very favorable after having struggled with the Pocket PC for so long. For one thing... No More Touch Screen!

Oh, and one of my games as White in ICCF WS/H/171 ended in a draw (my first result in this event). I played very uninspired chess against a fellow about 100 points my better. To be honest my last several Retis as White have been a bit dreary. Perhaps it is time to try something different.

I used to play the Scotch...

1 comment:

  1. Hi steve,
    i like your blog.
    and i writing myself in blog..
    www.suatduman.com.tr
    see you later.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep it clean and NO SPAM!