Friday, October 22, 2010

My Knife Has a Safety

No, really. See that red thing right beside the cord cutting Groove™ in the pic below? That's the unsafe indicator that means the blade can be opened. Click the little lever closed and the blade won't open. I typically don't like mechanical safeties (God gave us brains and hands for that purpose). I picked up SOG Trident for the kid and decided I liked it so much - despite the safety - that I got one for myself. Good thing, too. As my wife was retrieving the Trident from the mail box the Winchester clip folder (seen here) that I have carried for seven or so years lost a screw from the clip. Synchronicity...


One reason I like the Trident is the Groove™ allowing cords and other stringy things to be safely cut with a closed blade. The wife ordered it in Tiger Stripe since that style was on sale.


Speaking of the Winchester, it will probably be relegated to a tool box somewhere as I have no idea where to get the missing screw. I periodically tightened the screws on it but... Still popped to who knows where. I had a Buck folder clip do that, too. It became a lightweight belt knife. I know, Buck will supposedly replace the screws and clip, but it works well on a duty belt already loaded with other crap tools. So, the Trident replaces the Winchester in the SayUncle Pockets Meme.

From the SOG web site:
The SOG Trident uses our well-proven means of delivering a knife blade to the open position with S.A.T. (SOG Assisted Technology™) Now using our patent pending Arc-Actuator™, the Trident locks stronger and releases easier. There is also a built-in safety to lock the blade closed. When it shows red, you are ready to go.

What also makes the Trident so unique is the patent pending Groove™ in the handle, which allows the operator to cut paracord, fishing line, etc. without having to open the blade. The handle also includes a Digi-Grip™ variable pattern for coarser grip in areas that require it. Our bayonet style clip is easily switched for right/left hand carry or removed for pouch storage.

And there is a cool video review of the Trident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean and NO SPAM!